BERA / ABR Room
Design Aspects :-
1. The most important aspect is magnetic field interference with acoustical insulation. The room constructed shall have high magnetic field isolation as the tests carried out in the room are electrical impulse based.
2. The room shall be constructed with high acoustic insulation as patient responds to input sound.
3. Project shall be eco-friendly and non hazardous.
Salient Features :-
1. The electrical and instrumental wiring is aligned to avoid magnetic interference.
2. Electrical connections are made with separate independent ground to avoid any formation of artifacts.
3. All three types i.e. Fabric based, Gypsum based and / or PHB panel based acoustical treatments can be installed.
4. Suitable Lux light intensity.
5. Low noise criteria to determine speech reception threshold.
Main Components :-
1. Wall Treatment – Consisting high density acoustic insulation, bass traps, etc.
2. Ceiling Treatment – Providing high ceiling transmission class.
3. Door – Double door system. Multilayered door with high sound transmission loss with good quality hardware, etc. Second door to support acoustical door for more Transmission loss.
4. Floor – Antistatic PVC carpet or false floor.
5. Electrical and instrument wiring without magnetic interference and quality Jack Panel to accept any type of audiometer or external electronic instruments. Specialized grounding to BERA connection to avoid formation of artifacts.